Monday, February 11, 2013

Extra! Extra!

I LOVE being an extra.

I don't know why.

You get paid $100 for 12 hours of work.  You are considered the bottom of the totem pole, everybody yells at (or at least condescends) you.  You are subjected to regular extreme conditions and bodily abuse.

- I've had to mosh for hours in 4 inch heals ssssooooo many times - your back and feet hate you so badly for days afterward.
- As a minor, I played part of a crowd in a bar, and got doused repeatedly with alcohol.  After which a lot of the cast and crew decided to drink the remaining vittals (one of the more unprofessional sets lol)
- The worst one was when they were filming a movie that was supposed to be taking place in the summer, but it was night time during late fall in Utah.  It was freezing!  They put us in spaghetti straps, flip flops, and shorts and told us to 'act like it was hot outside' while our skin had purple blotches, we were visibly shivering, and our noses were bright red and running.

AND I LOVE IT!!!

Recently James and I went to Park City for a Disney film they are doing right now.

Call time was in the PM, and they had us standing outside in the freezing cold for hours into the morning.  In February.  On a mountain.  In Utah.
The food they fed us was subpar (but to be fair, cast and crew had to eat the same thing).
AND they had us using porta-potties.
not a typical persons idea of 'fun'

Yet, somehow, like always, I thoroughly enjoyed myself...  Made some new friends... Had some new experiences etc...


On our way to the porta-potties after 'lunch' at about 10pm we got stopped by some people who were from out of town, grandparents and their granddaughter who looked 5ish.  They GUSHED - we woke her up to come see this!!!  She just loves Disney!!  Are you part of the movie???  Yes... but we're just extras...  WOW!!! You hear that - they are IN the movie!!!!

This has really never happened before, so I got quite a kick out of the fact I had been elevated to such a status on my trek to the porta-potties.

No comments:

Post a Comment