Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Engagement Ring

Sigh...

I'm sad

I lost my engagement ring.

On Saturday

I don't even remember taking it off.

I know I had it on at 4pm, because someone commented on it.

But I don't know for sure that I still had it on when I rode a bike home at 10pm.

I'm 90% sure I still had it on...

I remember putting on gloves (I was about to ride a bike in February at 10pm - brrr), and I seem to remember having to put them on so they wouldn't snag on the ring... but I've been doing that for so long...

Later that night there is a slight snag of wafting memory.  Something about putting it in the front pocket of the scrubs I was wearing.  However, I have no idea why I would do that, and if I did...  a thorough search of all scrub pockets comes out empty.

I'm sad

It hasn't spent this much time off my finger since James gave it to me 6.5 years ago.

I know it's just a thing, an object

but it's also a symbol, a reminder...  And it's pretty... what can I say... it's probably my most treasured possession.

I hope I find it soon

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. That is a shame, and I am sorry to hear about it. I have been thinking about proposing to my girlfriend of seven years and need to get a ring. I recently lost my job and money is kind of a problem. I have been checking out these amazing quality cheap engagement rings and I have found some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip!! If I am unable to find it and James decides to get a replacement, then I've already voiced my preference for rings with different stones. I've become much more of an activist since I got married, and one thing I DID regret about my ring was that the diamonds were obviously blood-diamonds, so it was a little hypocritical wearing it.

      A lot of people sell their engagement rings (from marriages that didn't work out) in classified ads. I know a few people who have found some great deals there as well.

      Good luck finding a ring and proposing!! I hope it goes well :)

      Delete