Friday, December 14, 2012

The Hobbit

YA!!!!

Going to The Hobbit tonight!!!

YA!!!


I have to admit something.  Today I was watching some of The Hobbit trailers (again), and Gandalf is asked, "Why the halfling?" and he answers, "Because I'm afraid, and he gives me courage."  ... and ... I almost started crying...  Go ahead, make fun of me.


People at work were stunned yesterday when they found out James and I weren't going to be 1st in line for the premier last night.  

They asked about our hobbit costumes.

No, we don't have hobbit costumes...  (James is racist against hobbits - he prefers dwarves, just ask him)

We do have a lot of the makings for Eowyn and the Witch King, but we haven't worked on those costumes for a while...


I heart Eowyn.  I have a girl crush on her.  She is the woman I wish I could be.  
"I am no man!"





AND... Some Eowyn quotes:

    ARAGORN: Your duty is with your people.

    EOWYN: Too often have I heard of duty. But am I not of the House of Eorl, a shieldmaiden and not a dry-nurse? I have waited on faltering feet long enough. Since they falter no longer, it seems, may I not now spend my life as I will?
    -----

    ARAGORN: What do you fear, lady?

    EOWYN: A cage. To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recalls or desire.



Hmm... this started out as a hobbit post...

1 comment:

  1. I know that face.

    You are my Eowyn, sweet, strong daughter of mine. When I am weak and old and afraid, I hope to draw on your strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete