Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Some fun things

Her name is Des Ta Te, she had to have part of one wing removed after getting shot there.
Last week James and I went on an awesome field trip to the Ogden Nature Center with our Wolf and Bear cub scouts.  Did you know there is a bald eagle there??  I didn't.  We saw a lot of beautiful birds of prey.  One of my scouts mentioned that it was sad seeing the bald eagle in a cage where it can't really fly.  I explained that usually these animals were bred in captivity by poachers, or were found injured and are being rehabilitated.  However, I didn't tell him that it was kind of sad to me too.

Last night I built a crane out of Legos while watching my human anatomy/physiology lectures online.  James tried to break it  :'(

Right now it is raining.  Hard.  There is also a lot of thunder.  It's pretty great.








My dad is going to play Lincoln in an indy film soon.  I get to do his makeup.  I'm a little nervous.  When you do makeup for film there is a difficult balance.  You can't do the same makeup that you do for theatre, because it is too obvious.  You have to be able to use subtle effects, but still create an accurate experience (you also need to allow for the comfort and freedom of facial expression for the actor).  Luckily, he is growing his beard similarly to Lincoln's, and he doesn't look TOO different... (meaning, it's a lot easier to turn HIM into Lincoln than it is to turn ME into Lincoln.)

I think the biggest problem will be the ears... I don't know... when you think Lincoln, do you think big ears?  Maybe I'll just do some shading to make them look a little larger.

1 comment:

  1. I think the ears look pretty similar, except for a slight difference in size. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

    James would knock over your crane. Meanie.

    ReplyDelete